Chris Martinez, CFP®, Managing Director of Oakbrook’s Family Office Practice, brings over 20 years of senior management experience, the last 18 of which were with wealth management and family office firms such as The PrivateBank, Wilmington Trust, Bingham Legg Advisers, and Webster Management Group.
Chris also has first-hand experience with multi-generational family businesses. Throughout his career, Chris has combined operations and technology leadership to support business growth and transformational change. He has driven large-scale system conversions and consolidations, led merger integrations, and aligned people, platforms and processes to increase margins, alleviate costs, and reduce risk in prior VP- and C-level roles.
In addition to his managerial experience, Chris has worked with clients in the following capacities:
- Leading a strategic technology assessment for a multi-billion dollar multi-family office preparing for measured growth and management transition to the next generation of leaders;
- Developing roadmaps to guide clients in staging, sequencing, and successfully implementing 3-5 year technology plans;
- Serving as interim head of operations and technology for a multi-billion dollar trust company;
- Overseeing the search for and selection of a new global custodian for a regional wealth management firm
- Guiding clients through system searches, selections, migrations, and integrations of CRM solutions, trust accounting platforms, portfolio management, and trade order management systems, performance reporting solutions, etc.
Based in Chicago, Chris holds an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, earned a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the University of Southern California, is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, and a member of the Financial Planning Association.
Chris is active in a variety of civic, educational and philanthropic organizations, including serving as former Treasurer and current President of the Kellogg Alumni Club of Chicago, a member of the Northwestern University Leadership Circle, a member of the Kellogg Dean’s Council, and a member of the Family Services Committee of Habitat for Humanity Chicago.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and CFP (with flame logo)® in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.